Learning for 21.04.20

Good morning little ducklings, hope you’re all feeling well today and have managed to get some sunshine. I feel like now is a good time to remind you how important sun cream still is if you’re lucky enough to spend lots of time outside!

Early bird for today then…

Maths

Today we’re going to start looking at how to find fractions of a group of objects.

Here is the pdf with all the maths if you want to print it out Tuesday Maths

Word Power

I want you to really focus on the each individual letter in these words today. So first thing I want you to do is go through your LSCWC sheet and underline or highlight the tricky bits of each word for example in February, that sneaky little ‘r’ catches a lot of us out! Then I’d like you to pyramid write each of your words- start with the first letter and then add a letter with each level you move down in the pyramid

English 

Since we all enjoyed World’s Worst Teachers so much, plus the fact that I know we can all access at least some of the stories… our English for the next few weeks is going to be based on World’s Worst Children by David Walliams!

I want you start by listening to (or reading if you have it at home) the first 5 minutes of the Chapter about Competitive Colin, up to the interview on the radio.

So, thinking about all the ways Competitive Colin has managed to cheat his way to victory, I want you to play as many games as you can around your house and figure out new ways to cheat and make a list.

For example:

• If Colin were playing Uno, he would pick out all the ‘draw’ cards before the game started and hide them up his sleeve for when he needed them. Then, when nobody was looking, he would hide cards he didn’t want under his bum so we would always be the first to finish!
  • Once, when playing Mario Kart on the Wii, Colin put a piece of tape over the sensor on his brother’s remote so that it wouldn’t detect his movements and Colin could win the race!

I look forward to seeing how cunning you can all be…

Other activities to try throughout the day 

Staying active- Come up with as many different ways to move like different animals around your garden or living room – how many animals can you think of to start with?

If you’re in need of something to chill you out and help you escape for a while, I highly recommend the Monteray Aquarium YouTube channel   – they have live cams in a few different tanks so you can watch the jellyfish and see if you can spot the sharks!

Why not then have a go at this super cute Jellyfish in a Bottle science activity!