Learning for 31.03.20

Maths Activity

Money Practice:

If you’ve got coins at home– great! Set up your own little shop and you be in charge of setting the prices and giving change to your customers.. Alternatively, an idea I’ve seen floating round the internet is to give each child a set amount of money each morning which they then have to use to buy snacks or
privileges (ipad, tv etc) throughout the day. They have to either give exact amounts or count out their own change!

Of course not everybody has change lying around any more given that everything is contactless these days so for those of you that don’t..

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/money

Click the link to try some of the online games at Topmarks.

If you want to just jump right into some of the written challenges below then that’s up to you! Again, just pick what’s right for you.

Extra Challenging Challenge:

Tuesday maths

Word Power

English Activity 

I like the idea of bringing letters back so we’re gonna stick with it for another day or two…

Today, I would like you to write a letter to the author of your favourite book. Tell them why you enjoyed it so much, favourite parts, favourite characters. Maybe you could ask them a few questions of your own?
Lots of authors have online accounts that you can send them to, and given that everyone’s got a lot more time on their hands- you might even be lucky enough to get a reply!

(If anyone is unsure how to do this please send your letters to me and  I will do my best to forward them to the right people!)

Other activities to try throughout the day:

Not gonna lie, I opted for a gentler yoga session rather than Joe Wicke’s today but the choice is yours! (There’s also plenty of other options for activity of course but if you need some inspiration/motivation Joe and Jamie are a good place to start!) Has anyone got started on your 30 days 30 ways yet?

Practice tying your shoes! Otherwise I’m gonna sing songs about tying shoes all day long when we come back…

Create and obstacle course (indoors or outdoors depending on the weather) and take turns racing against family members to see who can get the best time. Then see if you can use the same objects to play the floor is lava and rescue your team mates! (Don’t forget to send me pictures!)