Learning for 2.4.20

I’m afraid my laptop isn’t playing ball either! So you’ll just have to get everything  from the PDF today for maths!

Thursday maths

Word Power

I’ve attached a few different activities that you can have a go at today and tomorrow

Word Power Activities

English 

I’ve seen a few entries for person of the year so far and obviously the ones who voted for me are waaaaay out in the lead… but second place is going to be a tough call! Some very persuasive arguments I have to say.

Today’s task is to make up a comic strip using characters from your favourite book. Underneath it then I’d like you to write a short paragraph about what’s happening in the comic strip. The focus for this will be to use speech marks (inverted commas ” ….” ).

Remember :

• to open and close your speech marks
  • only the words that are actually spoken go inside the speech marks
  • your punctuation needs to go inside the speech marks, use a comma if it’s not the end of your sentence

Other activities to try throughout the day

Joe Wickes/Cosmic Yoga (we did the Harry Potter adventure in school and had a great time!) I would also highly recommend sticking on a few Just Dance videos, there’s loads of them on youtube now and they can be such a good laugh!

Keep practising tying those shoes please!

For those of you with laptops, I’m challenging you to spend this next few months learning to touch type (typing without looking!) My current speed is 80 words per minute, I’m aiming to improve that by 5 by the time this is all over. If any of you can come close to that I will be mega impressed as it’s taken me years to get this fast. To help you start to learn the basics there’s a fantastic game called dance mat on BBC (link below)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr

For those of you with lego, I challenge you to this 30 Day Lego Challenge!