Work For Tuesday 20th October

Morning all,

Hope your up and raring to go?!

Thank-you for all of your fantastic hard work yesterday.

To make things easier for everyone, please collect your work from the entire day and email me a picture of it. New regulations mean that we must keep a record of all completed work for each child in the class.

Please do not hesitate to send me any queries or questions you have at any time throughout the day…or early night!

c.leverett@meadowsideacademy.org

Early Bird:

Early Bird Maths below. If you need to, watch  yesterday’s tutorial on multiplication to refresh your memory  (on yesterday’s blog)

A few people asked about the division question from yesterday  – take a look at my explanation below.

Year 4 – Week 3 – Multiplication using formal written methods – Tuesday

Spellings:

Focus is spelling words with letters ‘ou’ which produce the ‘u’ sound.

Please complete the sheet. Make sure that your ‘new’ words make sense! If you can’t thin of another suffix in one of the columns then leave it blank – there may not be one.

Maths Live lesson at 10:15

English/ RE lesson

Yesterday we looked at life as a journey. We looked at the journey you take everyday and the people that help you on that journey. Then we looked at why some religious people consider life a journey and how their religion and belief guides them on that journey.

Today we are looking at drawing our life journey as a tree. Copy and paste this into you search engine then follow the instructions below.

Here is an idea of the tree you are trying to draw.

Remember, yours does not nee to look like mine – t’s your tree! But you must follow the colour code below:

Roots all in one colour – these are the people that help you, advise you support you .

Trunk – all in one colour – these are your accomplishments (what you have achieved) so far in your life. Anything you are proud of goes here, from learning to ride your bike to being a member of a sports team.

Branches – split into two  colours – one colour your ambitions: the things your are going to ‘strive’ to achieve (try to make happen). Like your career, type of person you want to be, places you will visit. The other colour on your branches is for your dreams; those things you would love to do!

Be imaginative – see them into me!

Reading:

Please read the text from the fiction story below and the n answer the following questions – Please send me your completed work.

Optional work…… if you fancy it!

Topic work: Art/RE

In yesterday’s RE lesson we were looking at ‘life as a journey’. I would like you to capture this theme in a picture. Obviously this will not take a day. Plan your picture, sketch a very rough draft, then complete your final one. send the final one to me on Friday.

Below are a couple of ideas – but remember there is no wrong or right. How are you going to capture the image of ‘life as a journey’. If your stuck for ideas take a look at your ‘life statements’ you wrote yesterday.

Have a great day!

Stay safe.

Mr Leverett